Ready to supercharge your entrepreneurial journey in 2023 and beyond?
Look no further!
We’ve compiled the ultimate guide to the best London startup events, including dates, locations, and costs.
But wait, there’s more!
We handpicked three bonus events outside London to help you explore the wider UK startup ecosystem.
Prepare to seize every exciting networking opportunity, make invaluable connections, and enter the UK’s vibrant startup scene!
This Article Contains
- Top 14 Can’t-Miss Startup Events in London
- MeetFounders Venture Capital Night
- Networking Event London, Tech Entrepreneurs, Startup Founders, Investors UK
- Cowork & Brunch
- Venture Capital World Summit
- AfriTech Basecamp – London: Networking for African Founders & Investors
- Fireside Chat with Notion.VC and Startup Pitch
- Business Networking for Investors, Entrepreneurs, and Startups @ Mint Leaf Bank
- The London Business Show 2023
- London Tech Week 2024
- Connected Britain
- Startups and Entrepreneurs Social
- London Business Show
- London Startup Fair
- SaaStock London
- 3 Additional Startup Events Outside London
Let’s start up!
Top 13 Can’t-Miss Startup Events in London
Here are the major upcoming networking events you should attend if you want to join London’s thrilling startup community:
1. MeetFounders Venture Capital Night
MeetFounders Venture Capital Night is a monthly recurring event that brings experienced VCs and startups together in one space.
- Business networking opportunities
- Fundraising advice from VCs
- Panel discussions, each led by an expert speaker or thought leader
You’ll also get the opportunity to pitch your very own startup idea to potential investors.
- When: Thursday, 24th August 2023 | 18:00 to 21:00 BST
- Where: Zendesk, 30 Eastbourne Terrace, Paddington, London W2 6LA
- Cost: Early bird tickets starting from £39 (Free for limited pitch applications)
2. Networking Event London, Tech Entrepreneurs, Startup Founders, Investors UK
This tech event is by Get Shop, New Nine, and Post Magic. If you’re a startup founder, it’ll provide you with a space to network and build solid business connections.
Whether you want to develop relationships with like-minded individuals or pitch your startup idea to an investor, this is the perfect opportunity to learn from successful entrepreneurs.
Below are more details:
- When: Thursday, 3rd August 2023 | 19:00 to 22:00 BST
- Where: 491 Commercial Road, basement office on Arbour Sq. Side, London E1 0HA
- Cost: £15
3. Cowork & Brunch
Organized by Othership, Cowork & Brunch is a monthly recurring networking event.
This gathering takes some of the pressure off even if you’re not much of a people person. Startups can mingle with attendees like an investor, successful entrepreneurs, or other tech enthusiasts in a relaxed setting over coffee and a bite to eat!
Psst..if you can’t make it for the August edition, the next installment will happen on 6th September 2023.
- When: Wednesday, August 2nd 2023 | 10:00 to 11:15 BST
- Where: HomeWork Fulham, 25 Effie Road, London, SW6 1EL
- Cost: £10 (Free for Othership Premium & All Access members)
Registration link: https://othership.com/community/events/cowork-brunch/
4. Venture Capital World Summit
Venture Capital World Summit Ltd typically organizes global conferences, but you can catch this premier startup conference in London.
You’ll have an opportunity to pitch your idea and gain insight from expert VCs to take your company to the next level.
Here are the details about this London startup conference:
- When: Friday, November 3rd 2023 | 10:00 to 14:00 GMT
- Where: 57 Whitehall, London SW1A 2BX
- Cost: Starting from £384.44 per person (early bird discount ends on 1st November 2023)
5. AfriTech Basecamp – London: Networking for African Founders & Investors
This networking event is about connecting innovators in the African startup ecosystem.
If you’re an African founder, this is a great opportunity to gain valuable insight from industry experts in various sectors, such as:
Here’s everything you need to know about this tech event:
- When: Friday, 11th August 2023 | 18:00 to 21:00 BST
- Where: The MediaWorks, 191 Wood Lane, London, W12 7FP
- Cost: £22.38
6. Fireside Chat with Notion.VC and Startup Pitch
This fireside chat features Itxaso Del Palacio, an experienced investor and General Partner of Notion Capital, as the main speaker.
Besides a chat, you’ll have the opportunity to pitch your idea and access one-on-one mentoring sessions with industry experts.
Here are the details about the event:
- When: Tuesday, August 8th 2023 | 18:00 to 9:00 BST
- Where: Techspace Shoreditch, 25 Luke Street, Greater London, EC2A 4DS
- Cost: £11.58
7. Business Networking for Investors, Entrepreneurs, and Startups @ Mint Leaf Bank
Hosted by Socialite Connections, this startup connector is an investment opportunity, allowing you to meet and share new ideas with potential investors or other startups.
It’s a gateway for those looking to join London’s vibrant startup community, offering one-on-one talks with successful entrepreneurs and more experienced attendees.
Here’s everything you need to know about this networking event:
- When: Friday, August 25th 2023 | 20:00 to 23:00 pm BST
- Where: Mint Leaf Lounge, 12 Angel Court, London, EC2R 7HB
- Cost: £10
8. The London Business Show 2023
One of Europe’s leading events is back — ExCeL’s Business Show is all about helping businesses in the startup scene. Discover the secrets of business growth, adaptation, and innovation.
Located near Tech City, AKA East London’s answer to Silicon Valley, this is a great opportunity to connect with potential investors at this business startup show.
With over 750 exhibitors, the London Business Show includes an exhibition series, seminars, panel discussions, and masterclasses from industry experts.
- When: Wednesday 22nd and Thursday 23rd November 2023 | 10:00 to 17:00 GMT
- Where: Royal Victoria Dock, 1 Western Gateway, London E16 1XL
- Cost: Free
Registration link: https://eventdata.uk/Forms/Form.aspx?FormRef=TBSB3Visitor&TrackingCode=
9. London Tech Week 2024
Experience London Tech Week, a tech conference that’ll connect any tech startup with top business leaders from across the globe!
This London startup conference is a wonderful networking opportunity. Tech Week helps businesses in the startup scene shape a future that leads to long-lasting and sustainable innovation.
Tech Week will also showcase panel discussions and networking sessions with global tech leaders, founders, senior investors, and VCs.
- When: 10th to 14th June 2024
- Where: Olympia London, Hammersmith Rd, London W14 8UX, United Kingdom
- Cost: TBA
Registration link: https://londontechweek.com/
10. Connected Britain
Hosted by Total Telecom, Connected Britain is a startup connector tech conference that focuses on bringing together every major leader driving Britain’s digital economy.
The startup conference will feature over two days of networking and talks on the evolving technologies in the telecom sector.
Near Tech City, this event is a great opportunity to forge business relationships with the biggest innovators in London’s internet and mobile tech space.
Below are details about this tech conference:
- When: Wednesday 20th and Thursday 21st September 2023 | 8:00 to 17:00 BST
- Where: ExCeL London, Royal Victoria Dock, 1 Western Gateway, London E16 1XL
- Cost: £895 (Early bird discount ends on 11th August 2023)
Registration link: https://secure.terrapinn.com/V5/step1.aspx?E=10704&trc=blog
11. Startups and Entrepreneurs Social
This is an event by Founders Network London (Open Coffee London), a startup connector featuring attendees like aspiring entrepreneurs, founders, and investors.
If you’re a startup founder, you can steal the show and pitch your idea to potential investors.
It’ll also provide you with valuable insight into the experience of successful entrepreneurs, including their challenges, wins, and business strategies.
Here’s everything you need to know about this startup event:
- When: Friday, 11th August 2023 | 17:15 – 19:30 BST
- Where: Long Acre, London WC2E 9LY (Registered ticket holders will receive an email containing the exact location 24 hours and one hour before the event)
- Cost: £10
12. London Business Show
This startup accelerator is by London Entrepreneurs Network. The meetup provides promising startups and aspiring entrepreneurs with guidance, resources, or possibly even funding.
With over 2,500 attendees, you’re bound to find a keen angel investor to launch your business. Think of it like a targeted advertising opportunity, enabling you to reach your ideal audience and propel your venture to success.
Check out the details below:
- When: Wednesday, 25th October 2023 | 18:30 to 22:00 GMT
- Where: WeWork Moor Place, 1 Fore Street Avenue, London, EC2Y 9DT
- Cost: Free
Registration link: https://allevents.in/london/london-business-show-22/200022543950959
13. London Startup Fair
The London Startup Fair is by Tech Job Fair. This tech event boasts an impressive mix of SMEs, startups, and big tech companies.
So whether you’re in the startup scene and looking to hire or a job seeker looking to join a promising startup, this is a fantastic networking opportunity.
- When: Thursday, 14th March 2024 | 14:00 to 19:00 GMT
- Where: Queen Elizabeth II Centre, Broad Sanctuary, London SW1P 3EE
- Cost: Free
Registration link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/tech-jobs-fair-london-2024-tickets-491664029347
14. SaaStock London
Organized by SaaStock, a global community of SaaS founders and investors, SaaStock London is a must-attend for anyone interested in the space. It’s a valuable opportunity to network with like-minded individuals and investors and learn from experienced business professionals.
Below are the details of the event:
- When: 27 September 2023
- Where: Paddle Offices, 18 Mora Street, London EC1V, United Kingdom
- Who Should Attend: SaaS founders, investors, and SaaS professionals
- Cost: £20 standard price, £15 for early bird
- Registration Link: https://ti.to/saastock/saastock-local-london-sept2023
And there you have it!
London undeniably stands as a hub of aspiring entrepreneurs in the British startup ecosystem.
But what lies beyond its borders in the UK?
Don’t worry; we’ve got you covered!
We’ll fill you in on some must-attend startup events across the UK!
3 Additional Startup Events Outside London
Gain a foothold in the UK’s startup community with these three events:
1. Good Business Meetups – Brighton
This business networking meetup is by Rebecca Kimber, the CEO of Create.net and a member of the Good Business Club community.
It’s a curated networking opportunity in Brighton that’ll allow you to discover other promising startups and build relationships with them.
Below are the details about this business show:
- When: Thursday, 14th September | 10:00 to 12:00 BST
- Where: 5 – 7 Preston Road Brighton, BN1 4QE England
- Cost: £10 (Members tickets), £15 (Guest pass, max three per person)
2. South East Startup Roadshow – Guildford
Based in Guildford, the South East Roadshow is a fantastic investment opportunity to get people interested in your startup idea.
You can compete against other startups, pitch your idea to an experienced investor, and receive feedback from a panel of business experts. It’s also a great opportunity to network with successful entrepreneurs and local investors.
Here are the details about the startup event:
- When: Thursday, 14th September 2023 | 10:00 to 12:30 BST
- Where: TBA
- Cost: Free
Registration link: https://lu.ma/wqtpvkfg
3. Tech for Good: Building Businesses for Positive Change
Hosted by Smart Cookies, Tech for Good is a tech event in the picturesque city of Bristol.
The main theme of this business show is understanding how to achieve tech innovation sustainably.
Instead of pitches, this startup event is an exceptional opportunity to learn from a panel of industry experts, providing the insight, innovation, and connections your business needs to flourish.
- When: Thursday, 10th August 2023 | 6:00 to 8:00 PM BST
- Where: Engine Shed, Station Approach, Redcliffe, Bristol BS1 6QH
- Cost: £5