If you’re looking for an SEO plugin that can help you create a grounded SEO (search engine optimization) strategy, look no further than SEOquake.
The tool offers website owners and agencies a handy SEO dashboard, keyword analysis features, insightful SEO parameters, and more.
In this SEOquake review, we’ll cover what the tool is, five fantastic things you can do with it, and how much it costs.
We’ll also check out three alternative apps if the tool doesn’t have the good vibrations you’re looking for!
- What’s a SaaS Business Model and how can it benefit your company? Find out today.
- Explore 11 SaaS Marketing Strategies to help you scale new heights in 2023.
- Should you add Rankwatch to your SEO arsenal? Find out with our in-depth Rankwatch Review.
This Article Contains:
(Click on the links below to jump to a specific section)
- What is SEOquake?
- 5 Ground-Breaking Things You Can Do with SEOquake
- How Much Does SEOquake Cost?
- 3 SEOquake Alternatives
- Is SEOquake the Ground-Breaking SEO Tool You Need?
Let’s get cracking! 😉
What is SEOquake?
SEOquake is a useful tool for SEO created by Oleg Shchegolev (the owner of SEMrush).
This browser plugin provides any SEO expert, website owner, or digital marketing agency with key SEO metrics at a click of a button.
The tool also offers a variety of valuable SEO features like an on-page SEO audit, backlink monitoring, traffic analysis, important SEO parameters, and more.
On top of that, the plugin offers an interactive SEObar that gives you instant metrics about a web page you’re viewing. This way, you have all the data you need to make decisions without faults.
The tool also integrates with Google Search Console and lets you track social metrics on Facebook and Google+.
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, contact their support team at mail@SEOquaketeam.com. Alternatively, you can refer to the SEOquake guide to get answers.
Next, in this SEOquake review, let’s explore the tool’s key features
5 Ground-Breaking Things You Can Do with SEOquake
Here are five excellent SEOquake features that can help you break ground in the SEO industry:
1. Get Instant Data Summaries and SEO Overviews
SEOquake’s SEObar gives you a quick summary of any webpage you’re browsing. This feature is helpful for affiliate marketing agencies that are looking for websites that’ll make excellent partners.
The toolbar gives you helpful information like:
- Facebook Likes: The total number of Facebook likes the page has received.
- Google PlusOne: The number of Google +1’s the queried page has received.
- Pinterest Pin count: The number of pins the target page has received
Additionally, you can customize the feature to suit your needs:
Not a fan of extra bars taking over your browser?
Try out SEOquake’s SEO dashboard instead. This feature gives you a brief overview of any page and domain and their backlink data.
Here’s what the SEO dashboard looks like:
The key SEO metrics include:
- Alexa Rank: The Alexa Rank measures the popularity of websites. The lower the Alexa ranking, the better.
- Google Index: The number of indexed pages examined by the Google search engine for the given domain.
- Bing Index: The number of indexed pages examined by Bing for the given domain.
- SEMrush Rank: A SEMrush metric that also ranks websites based on popularity. The rank measures the organic traffic coming from Google’s top 100 organic search results.
- SEMrush linkdomain: How many backlinks SEMrush found for the target domain.
- Yahoo Index: The number of indexed pages examined by Yahoo for the given domain.
Note: SEOquake also has a SERP Overlay feature that displays critical metrics about each listing or SERP (search engine results page) result. You can use the SERP Overlay bar to do an instant SEO analysis on competing sites while simultaneously viewing the SERP.
2. Analyze The Keywords on a Page
This SEOquake extension also has a Keyword Density report that shows you all the keywords mentioned on a given landing page.
The report will show the list of keywords in descending order, with the most-mentioned keywords listed first. You can use this report to do basic keyword research on any competitor and find similar search queries you can target.
Here’s a breakdown of the above Keyword Density report:
- Keyword: This column lists all the terms found on the web page.
- Found in: Shows where the keyword was found on the page.
- Repeats: The number of times the keyword is mentioned on the page.
- Density: How much of the total words does the individual keyword represent.
- Prominence: Lists the importance of a particular keyword on the given landing page.
Additionally, SEOquake has a Keyword Difficulty metric that helps SEO experts estimate how much effort it will take to rank for a particular keyword.
So, once you’ve found a few keywords working for your competitors, you should use the Keyword Difficulty metric to determine which keywords are a great fit for your website.
3. Audit Internal and External Links
The SEOquake extension also has an Internal and External Links report that you can use to create an informed link building strategy.
Here’s what the Internal Links report looks like:
As you can see, the above report displays the URL and the anchor text associated with the internal link. You’ll also see SEO metrics for these links:
- No-follow: Tells you if the internal link is a no-follow link. No-follow links don’t boost PageRank and aren’t crawled by a search engine.
- Facebook likes: Shows you how many Facebook likes the page has.
- LinkedIn Shares: Displays the number of LinkedIn shares the page has received.
You can click the refresh icon to ensure you have the most recent data for all important SEO parameters. Additionally, at the top of the report, you’ll see the option to Request all parameters for the links and the option to Add/hide certain SEO metrics.
On top of that, you can use the Save as CSV button to save the report as a CSV file.
The backlinks or External Link report can be found under the External tab. The External Link report is identical to the above report and has similar navigations.
You can use the backlinks report to evaluate your site’s referring domains.This way, you can spot bad links or irrelevant backlinks that might be harming your site’s domain authority.
4. Compare URLs
SEOquake’s Compare URLs feature lets you compare competing URLs and domains. This way, you can see which pages and sites perform the best or outperform your own site.
Once you do, you can visit these URLs and domains and check out what they’re doing differently.
Once you spot a few differences 🔎, you can use these metrics and data points to replicate your competitor’s already-successful SEO strategies!
To do this, go to the Compare URLs tab, enter a list of domains or URLs you’d like to compare and select the Process URLs button.
Next, you’ll get a report that compares your chosen URLs according to the SEO parameters you prefer:
5. Run Page SEO Audits
Sometimes it’s super easy to spot issues on your web pages, and other times they…
Fortunately, SEOquake’s Page SEO Audit feature helps SEO experts do a complete SEO audit to uncover hidden errors that are harming their digital marketing efforts.
To do a thorough analysis of your WordPress site’s content and SEO issues, just visit any landing page, select the SEOquake icon, and click on the Diagnosis tab. Here’s what the report looks like:
The report is split into three categories:
- Page Analysis: This category tells you if your meta tags and descriptions are at the optimal length and if your meta keywords are formatted correctly.
- Mobile Compliance: This section determines if your target page is mobile-friendly. You can use it to improve your AMP pages (Accelerated Mobile Page) and optimize your site for mobile pages.
- Site Compliance: This category looks at your website as a whole and evaluates your site’s XML sitemaps, robots.txt files, language declarations, images, and more.
Each category comes with a tips section to help you resolve the issues.
Now, let’s take a look at SEOquake’s pricing structure.
How Much Does SEOquake Cost?
SEOquake is a free SEO extension.
You can download this extension with a click of a button from the Chrome Web Store. In addition to Google Chrome, the tool is also available for Firefox, Opera, Edge, iPhone, iPads, and Android.
This complete guide on SEOquake wouldn’t be complete without a few alternative apps.
So without further ado, let’s check out some alternative SEO software you can use.
3 SEOquake Alternatives
Here are three alternatives to the SEOquake Chrome extension:
1. Moz Pro
Moz Pro is a comprehensive SEO software that any SEO expert, beginner, or freelancer can use to do detailed keyword research, monitor keyword rankings, and manage internal links.
The tool also has a cool on-page optimization feature to help you optimize your page for a specific keyword to boost your online search visibility.
On top of that, Moz Pro also offers an integration with Google Analytics. This feature lets you gather even more traffic data to improve your marketing campaigns further.
2. Meta SEO Inspector
Meta SEO Inspector is an SEO browser extension that web developers can use to do a thorough analysis of any web page’s metadata. The tool also notifies you of any errors it detects.
For example, if a meta description is too short or too long or a link does not have any anchor text, the tool will warn you about these errors.
The browser extension can help SEOs ensure their site follows the Webmasters’ Google Guidelines, as well as study a competitor and print and export reports.
The tool is available for Google Chrome and Firefox.
3. SEO Minion
SEO Minion is a free, all-in-one SEO extension for Firefox and Chrome.
This Chrome extension is the perfect SEO sidekick that can help any SEO specialist streamline all their SEO tasks, including broken link checking, on-page SEO analysis, content optimization, etc.
Another excellent functionality found in this tool is the PAA feature. This feature lets you download 200 People Also Ask (PAA) results. This way, you can ensure your business focuses on content that answers all the questions your customers might have.
Is SEOquake the Ground-Breaking SEO Tool You Need?
There you have it – a complete guide on the SEOquake tool.
SEOquake is a powerful search engine optimization plugin that gives you instant metrics for any webpage you open.
The SEO extension also gives you data from multiple sources, including social metrics from social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook.
And besides being a useful tool, it’s also completely free and available for Chrome, Opera, iPhone, and more!
If you need some help understanding the keyword analysis data this free plugin churns out or help with creating a powerful, conversion-based SEO and content strategy, connect with an SEO specialist at Startup Voyager.
We can help you create valuable, well-optimized content that’ll skyrocket your organic traffic.