SE Ranking is an SEO tool that can gather all the juicy SERP (Search Engine Results Page) data you’ll ever need.
But, can SE Ranking also meet your sky-high Search Engine Optimization needs?
We’ll also highlight the top two alternatives if SE Ranking fails to rank high on your SEO tool list.
This Article Contains:
(Click on the links below to jump to a specific section)
- What is SE Ranking?
- 5 Fantastic Things You Can Do with SE Ranking
- How Much Does SE Ranking Cost?
- 2 Limitations of Using SE Ranking
- Top 2 SE Ranking Alternatives
- Is SE Ranking the SEO Tool You’re Looking For?
Let’s get started.
What is SE Ranking?
SE Ranking is a comprehensive cloud-based platform that can help beginners, SEO experts, and digital agencies perform in-depth analyses of their digital marketing efforts.
Here’s why we consider this tool an all-rounder:
- A website owner can use it for rank tracking, website auditing, and backlink analysis.
- SEO experts can find an infinite number of keywords and do competitor research for clients.
- A digital marketing agency can use it to create white label reports, define custom access for clients, or use this tool as an API (Application Programming Interface).
Also, if you’re not sure how to run online campaigns, this tool can provide you with a comprehensive checklist for a foolproof marketing plan. 😎
But that’s not all.
Ever feel like this?
Fortunately, this SEO software also has a mobile app called SE Ranking Pro that gives you access to search engine optimization data whenever you need it.
Moreover, if you ever want to brush up on basic SEO concepts or understand a feature, this SEO software offers support via videos, articles, live demos, and a proactive support team. 👨🔧
Next, in this SE Ranking review, we’ll explore the top functionalities offered by this SEO tool.
5 Fantastic Things You Can Do with SE Ranking
Here are some of the best SE Ranking features you should try:
1. Track Keyword Rankings
SE Ranking is one of the best-in-class keyword rank tracking tools that can help you assess your website’s performance on major search engines.
To do keyword research, you’ll first need to provide all the relevant information, such as:
- Your domain name
- The target keyword you want to track
- The search engine you wish to track for (including Google Maps and Google Ads)
- Your competitors
You can even narrow down your keyword ranking research to a specific device, language or analyze local SEO by specifying the city or postal code.
And, if you’re looking for the most profitable PPC (Pay-Per-Click) keywords, SE Ranking lets you integrate Google Analytics or Google Search Console to get relevant data for running successful Google Ads campaigns.
Once you’ve entered all your website’s details and hit enter, you’ll see a keyword ranking dashboard that looks like this:
Here’s what each keyword research term indicates:
- Average Position: The position of your website on a specific search engine.
- Traffic Forecast: The potential volume of traffic that keywords can attract to your website.
- Search Visibility: The share of impressions your website gets on a search engine for a specific search query.
- SERP Features: All the SERP features (Google local packs, images, videos, etc.) your website ranks for on Google’s search results.
- % in Top 10: The percentage of search queries ranking in the top 10.
Below the graph, you get the following data points for every keyword:
- Search Volume: The average search volume for a keyword per month.
- SERP Features: The tool highlights each SERP feature displayed for the specific keyword.
- Competition: The level of competition for each keyword, expressed as a percentage.
- Dynamics: Change in your website’s keyword ranking positions between different comparison dates.
- Ranking Data: Your website’s rank for a particular keyword based on a search engine’s ranking factors.
And if you need help fishing for the right keyword opportunities, you can always use their keyword research tool to find any related keyword suggestion.
2. Conduct Competitor Research
SE Ranking can conduct in-depth competitor research to help you see how your competitors are performing for the exact keywords you’re targeting.
After all, don’t you wanna discover the SEO nuances that keep them ahead in the game? 🕵️
To do this, you can either add top competitors manually or automatically compare your website to your top SERP competitors.
Here’s what this tool’s competitor analysis report looks like:
Like the keyword ranking report, the competitor analysis graph includes:
- Average Position
- Traffic Forecast
- Search Visibility
- % in Top 10
The competitor analysis report also shows your Competitor Distribution in organic search. It’s based on the number of ranking keywords, the average website ranking, and search visibility.
Besides the added competitors, you can also see the top 100 SERP competitors for each selected keyword.
The competitor analysis data includes:
- Domain Trust (DT): The aggregate domain quality score based on factors like a website’s referring domains and backlink profiles.
- Alexa Rank: A global ranking system that ranks websites in order of popularity. It’s based on the estimated average daily unique visitors and number of page views over the past three months.
- Referring Domains: The total number of external websites directing visitors to your website.
Additionally, if you’re a small business and want to analyze your local competitors, you can narrow down your research to a specific search engine and country. You can even check out your competitor’s Google Ads history to get an idea of the paid keywords working for them.
3. Perform an In-depth Website Audit
SE Ranking helps you determine any technical glitches and duplicate content issues preventing your site from ranking high on SERPs.
That’s how the site audit report looks like:
Here’s a breakdown of the above report:
- Pages Crawled: All the pages SE Ranking’s bots checked and analyzed.
- Health Score: A score calculated based on the number of issues found on your website and their impact on your website performance.
- Core Web Vitals: A group of quality metrics based on user experience. These include the main content loading speed, response time, and visual stability during page loading.
- Top Issues: The top-5 detected issues based on their significance, and the number of errors found.
As you scroll further, you’ll get different domain metrics:
Here, you’ll see:
- Your domain’s expiration date
- The number of backlinks that link to your website
- The total number of referring domains linking to your website
- A Domain Trust score based on referring links and backlinks
- An Alexa Rank that indicates your website’s popularity
- The total number of your website pages indexed by Google, Bing, and Yahoo
But that’s not all.
SE Ranking’s site audit also provides other crucial stats, such as:
4. Leverage Backlink Monitoring and Analysis
SE Ranking can help you analyze and monitor changes to your backlinks profile to improve your rankings.
You can add these backlinks manually or import them from the tool’s Backlink Checker. The tool’s crawlers then run regular backlink checks and notify you of any changes.
The backlink monitoring gives an overview of:
- Backlinks: Total number of backlinks.
- Domains: Total number of referring domains.
- Anchor Texts: Total number of unique backlink anchor texts.
- Pages: Web pages that link to your website.
- IPS/Subnets: Unique IPs and subnets (a subdivision of an IP network) that link out to your website.
- New & Lost Backlinks: Graph indicating a history of your target site’s new and lost backlinks.
- Backlinks Target Ratio: Ratio between backlinks that link to the homepage and other pages of your website.
Scrolling further, the tool analyzes every backlink to give you data points like:
- Status: If the link is found or not found on the web page.
- Indexed: The index status of the web page containing the backlink according to Google.
- Type: The type of backlinks (dofollow, nofollow, text, or image).
- Domain Trust: The trust score of the website containing the backlink.
- Anchor: The clickable text of the backlink.
- Facebook: Number of social media shares the backlink received on Facebook.
- First and Last Seen: The dates when the backlink was first discovered and last analyzed by SE Ranking.
- And more
Along with giving you access to the above key metrics, this SEO tool lets you disavow or discard low-quality links. Some low-quality backlinks include links from sites unrelated to your industry and links from spam sites.
So, if you find some low-quality links affecting your website’s ability to rank, you can tell Google not to consider them while assessing your website.
5. Develop an Effective Marketing Plan
If you’re a new website owner, you may want to reach out to an SEO specialist to draft a marketing plan for your online business. That’s what SE Ranking is here for!
The tool can offer you a step-by-step guide and a list of SEO tasks you should undertake for optimizing your website.
Here are the categories of tasks the tool suggested when we analyzed a sports page:
Note: The complete list of tasks is available only to a paid SE Ranking customer.
- Semantic Core and Keyword Research: Do competitor research for lucrative keywords or collect core keywords.
- On-site Optimization: Install Google Analytics or use Google Search Console to assess your website traffic and other ranking factors.
- Mobile Optimization: Create a mobile version of your website or use AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) to improve page loading speed.
- Content Strategy: Optimize titles for each web page, use alt text for images, or write unique meta descriptions.
- Off-site Optimization: Assess the quality and quantity of your backlinks, analyze competitor backlinks, and more.
- Social Media Strategy: Analyze your social media accounts or use a marketing automation tool for social media management.
- Your Own Tasks: You can add custom tasks that you feel are important for your marketing plan.
This SEO tool also gives you a suggested list of trusted directories and catalogs for local SEO so that you can list your business to increase visibility.
But before you make SE Ranking your official digital marketer, let’s find out how much this tool will cost.
How Much Does SE Ranking Cost?
Here’s a breakdown of SE ranking’s pricing plans:
- Essential ($39/month):
- Track 250 keywords
- 10 projects
- Website audit for 40,000 pages
- 6,000 backlinks monitoring
- And more
- Pro ($89/month):
- Track 1,000 keywords
- Unlimited projects
- Website audit for 250,000 pages
- 30,000 backlinks monitoring
- And more
- Business ($189/month):
- Track 2,500 keywords
- Unlimited projects
- Website audit for 700,000 pages
- 90,000 backlinks monitoring
- And more
This SEO software also offers a 14-days free trial if you wish to test the waters first.
Moreover, as an SE Ranking customer, you can get discounts on three-, six-, nine-month and annual subscriptions.
Now, before you subscribe, it’s a good idea to also look at the limitations of this keyword research tool.
2 Limitations of Using SE Ranking
Here are two limitations of using SE Ranking:
1. Limited Data for Smaller Websites
SE Ranking sometimes doesn’t provide complete data on backlinks, keywords, and website rankings for small, less-established websites compared to other market tools.
However, these are rare occurrences and may differ from website to website.
Moreover, other tools may charge excessively to provide such comprehensive data, while SE Ranking makes the same reports available at more affordable rates.
2. Complex for Beginners
Sure, SE Ranking is one of the most comprehensive SEO tools available, but all that data, graphs, and numbers can be overwhelming for a beginner or new website owner.
And, if you’re new to basic SEO concepts, you may feel like…
However, every tool has a learning curve, and SE Ranking makes it easier by offering a quick start-up guide.
You can even enroll in a course at SE Ranking Academy, where experts provide a detailed explanation of all the SEO nuances involved in getting a website to rank higher.
Still in two minds about this rank tracking tool?
Let’s check out the other fish in the sea.
Top 2 SE Ranking Alternatives
Here’re the best two SE Ranking alternatives you can consider:
Rankwatch is a cloud-based keyword rank tracker that offers actionable data on keyword rankings, site audits, backlink analysis, and more.
This SEO software lets you analyze your competitor by tracking the keywords they are ranking for and their paid and organic SEO activities.
However, some users complain about discrepancies in search results while using this rank tracker. Even if it doesn’t seem like a big deal, such errors could be a problem while planning a paid campaign.
To prevent this, you can use the tool’s built-in site audit feature to determine if any technical faults are causing the discrepancies and fix them.
Serpstat is another all-rounder rank tracker tool that can offer you tons of SEO features on a single platform.
Whether it’s identifying paid keywords, conducting site audits, or creating a fantastic content marketing strategy, Serpstat has got every SEO specialist and digital marketing agency covered.
However, the site audit feature can take a while to load the data, especially if your website has hundreds of pages.
But don’t worry – you won’t have to sit around waiting like this…
You can explore the wide range of other cool features the app offers while waiting for the audit reports to load!
Is SE Ranking the SEO Tool You’re Looking For?
If you’re looking for all-inclusive SEO software, your search ends here.
SE Ranking is undoubtedly one of the most comprehensive SEO tools a digital marketer could ask for.
There are multiple SE Ranking pricing plans to choose from, and the tool also offers a 14-day free trial. You can also use the SE Ranking Pro mobile app to access crucial SEO data while on the go.
However, if you need help making sense of all the SEO data this rank tracker offers, connect with an SEO specialist at Startup Voyager! We can help you create a no-fail keyword strategy and conversion-based content that’ll take your website traffic to new heights.