But will Moz Pro give you all the pro tips you need to achieve SEO success?
Don’t worry – you’ll know soon enough!
We’ll also explore two Moz Pro alternatives so you can weigh the pros and cons of this SEO software.
This Article Contains:
(Click on the links below to jump to a specific section)
- What is Moz Pro?
- 5 Awesome Things You Can Do with Moz Pro
- How Much Does Moz Pro Cost?
- 2 Moz Pro Alternatives
- FAQs about Moz Pro
- Is Moz Pro the Best SEO Tool for You?
What is Moz Pro?
Moz Pro is an all-include SEO software that can help large and small businesses boost their search engine rankings and online visibility.
Moz Pro also has a host of free tools (previously Open Site Explorer and Fresh Web Explorer) that are a favorite amongst SEO beginners and freelance digital marketers alike.
On top of that, you can download MozBar – a free Chrome Extension that gives you data about a URL’s domain authority, page authority, and backlinks while you do your research.
Moz Pro also integrates with Google Analytics to help business owners better manage their Moz Pro campaigns.
And don’t worry – the software has a Help Hub with tons of valuable resources, including troubleshooting tips and guides, that’ll prevent you from ending up in a situation like this:
Alternatively, you can reach out to their customer support team by sending them an email or by visiting their contact page.
Next, in this Moz review, we’ll take a look at five Moz Pro features that can help you become an SEO expert.
5 Awesome Things You Can Do with Moz Pro
Here are five excellent Moz Pro features:
1. Do Comprehensive Keyword Research
Moz Pro’s keyword research tool is called Moz Keyword Explorer and it can help you find the most profitable target keywords, learn about your target audience, and organize keywords into lists.
To get started with Moz Keyword Explorer, you’ll need to enter a phrase or term and hit enter.
Here’s what the Keyword Explorer report looks like when you do a keyword search for “chocolate chip cookie recipes”:
Here’s a breakdown of the above keyword metrics:
- Monthly Volume: Shows you how often a term or phrase is searched for in Google each month.
- Difficulty: How easy or challenging it’ll be to rank for a specific keyword query on the search result page.
- Organic CTR: A high organic click-through rate indicates that there are fewer distracting SERP (search engine results page) features and more space for organic blue links to get traffic.
- Priority: The keyword priority metric is a score out of 100. A high priority score represents a keyword query with high search volume and low difficulty.
Additionally, you can hit the Keyword Suggestion tab in the left sidebar to get valuable keyword ideas.
The Keyword Suggestion report also has powerful toolbar filters that can help you narrow down your keyword research.
For example, you can select question-based keywords that relate to your target seed term:
Once you’ve found a bunch of keywords, you can add them to a Keyword List to continue your research on them:
2. Track Your Keyword Rankings
Rank trackers are a crucial component of any SEO software since they give you real-time data about your website’s performance.
Moz Pro’s Rankings report lets you track rankings for your site and the competition. This way, you can track your competitors’ movement on the search engine results page and uncover gaps in their keyword strategy.
Here’s what the Keyword Ranking report looks like:
In the above report, you can see how many of your Tracked Keywords are in position ranges of #1-3, #4-10, #11-20, or #21-50. You’ll also see how many keywords moved up and down for your selected time frame.
In addition to the Keyword Ranking report, Moz Pro also has the following:
- Engine report: The Moz tool lets you track desktop and mobile search rankings across the top search engines (Google, Yahoo, and Bing) in 200+ countries. This is crucial since mobile search traffic accounts for approximately half of the web traffic worldwide.
- Competition report: Review your site’s SEO visibility for a specific keyword, check if it’s being tracked locally or nationally, and where each of your competitors rank for that keyword.
- Opportunities report: Find real keywords that your site is already ranking for or terms that are already sending traffic to your site but you’re not currently tracking.
3. Optimize Your Pages
Moz Pro also has Page Optimization reports that give you recommendations on how to improve your on-page SEO.
To begin, simply add a page URL and a keyword from your tracked keyword list or a new keyword. Once you hit enter, you’ll get the following Page Optimization report:
The above report gives a page optimization score that tells how well your page is optimized for your target keyword. The higher the score, the better.
Below the summary report, you’ll find a list of factors affecting your search visibility:
Here’s a breakdown of the above Moz analytics report:
- Hurting your score: These are factors that are damaging your on-page SEO efforts and need to be fixed. For example, page titles without the primary keyword.
- Helping your score: These are factors that have already been solved.
- Content suggestions: This tab gives you ideas on improving your content for the search engine results page. Additionally, you can look at the top ranking URLs for your target keyword for competitor and content analyses.
4. Find Link-Building Opportunities
Moz Pro has a Links Intersect feature to help you identify sites that link to your competitors but not to you (yet!).
You know what they say 😉:
With this tool, you can explore any competitor’s link profile and get some ideas on which sites you should be reaching out to.
To use this link analysis tool, simply add your site’s URL and up to five competitor sites:
Once you hit enter, you’ll get the following competitor backlink data report:
Here’s a breakdown of the above backlink data:
- URL: A list of sites linking to your competitors but not to you.
- DA: The Domain Authority score is one of Moz Pro’s proprietary metrics. The metric is based on a score from 1–100 and predicts how well a domain will rank in Google.
- Spam Score: The percentage of sites with similar features to your target site, which Moz Pro found to be penalized or banned by Google. This metric doesn’t indicate that a site is spammy and should only be used as a guideline.
- Sites that intersect: Shows you which competitors these sites link to.
Now that we’ve got some insight into our competitors’ backlink profiles, we can reach out to the sites listed in the URL column and potentially land a backlink from them too!
Note: Moz Pro also has a Link Explorer that gives accurate link metrics about any website, including the number of inbound and outbound links, and the site’s Page Authority and Domain Authority. You can download all the Link Explorer data as a CSV file.
5. Crawl And Audit Your Sites
Moz Pro’s site audit feature can help you get rid of all the technical SEO issues (broken redirects and missing title tags) that just keep creeping onto your site.
It’s essential to get rid of these issues since they can harm your site’s traffic and ability to rank well on the Google search result page.
Here’s what the Site Crawl Overview report looks like:
Here’s a breakdown of the above crawl diagnostics report:
- Pages Crawled: The total number of web pages analyzed by the site audit tool.
- New Issues: Issues detected in the latest crawl, but weren’t present in the previous crawl.
- Issues By Category: Changes in your site’s issue count by category.
- Total Issues: The total number of issues detected in the last crawl. You can also see if this number increased or decreased since the previous crawl.
Here are some of the issues Moz Pro’s Site Crawl detects:
- Critical Crawler Issues: These are crucial issues that are harming your site’s ability to rank on the search result page.
- Crawler Warnings: These crawl issues aren’t as pressing as the critical ones. However, they need to be fixed sooner than later.
- Metadata Issues: These issues are related to your site’s meta information. For example, a missing title or incorrect title lengths.
- Redirect Issues: These are web pages with a redirect loop problem, temporary redirects that don’t pass link juice, and slow meta refresh HTML coding.
- Content Issues: These issues relate to your site’s content and how Google views it. For example, duplicate content.
Lastly, Moz Pro will also give you detailed information on how you can fix your top three issues:
Next, in this Moz Pro review, we’ll find out how much all these excellent features cost.
How Much Does Moz Pro Cost?
Here’s a breakdown of Moz Pro’s pricing plans:
- Standard ($99/month):
- One user seat
- Three campaigns
- 30 on-demand crawls/month
- 150 keyword queries/month
- And more
- Medium ($179/month):
- Two user seats
- 10 campaigns
- 60 on-demand crawls/month
- 5,000 keyword queries/month
- And more
- Large ($299/ month):
- Three user seats
- 25 campaigns
- Five on-demand crawls/month
- 15,000 keyword queries/month
- And more
- Premium ($599/month):
- Five user seats
- 50 campaigns
- 100 on-demand crawls/month
- 30,000 keyword queries/month
- And more
Although Moz Pro doesn’t offer a free version, they have a 30-day free trial that lets you test the waters first before committing to the SEO tool. This way, you won’t end up drowning in a wrong decision!
Feel like you need to continue your search for the best SEO tool?
Not to worry – next, in this Moz review, we’ll check out two alternative SEO software that you can try out instead.
2 Moz Pro Alternatives
Here are two alternatives to Moz Pro:
If you think that SpyFu sounds like a secret agent with kung fu skills, you’re not entirely wrong!
SpyFu is a robust competitor analysis and SEO tool that can help SEO experts spy on their competitors’ keyword strategies, organic traffic, and other competitive SEO metrics.
Its key features include competitor backlink analysis, domain analysis, and rank tracking.
However, the tool’s PPC (pay-per-click) data isn’t always accurate, especially when accessing data about how much your competitors are spending on paid ads.
On the bright side, you can still use SpyFu’s PPC data as a guideline when researching your competitors’ paid keyword campaigns.
2. SE Ranking
SE Ranking is an SEO and content marketing tool set that can help SEO agencies boost their SE(O) rankings and improve their online business visibility.
With backlink query reports, site crawls, a keyword research tool, and more, you’ll have everything you need to outrank your competitors.
The tool also offers powerful integrations with platforms like Google Search Console and Google Analytics. These integrations ensure that you have all the necessary tools at your fingertips to do traffic analysis and monitor your best-performing keywords.
On top of that, the tool has built-in social media management software that can help you improve your social media rankings and engagement.
One of the drawbacks of using this SEO software is that it offers limited local search engine optimization services. However, you can always get detailed data about your local SEO using the tool’s multiple integrations.
Looking for a review of this SEO tool?
Check out this detailed SE Ranking Review.
Still got a few questions about the Moz tool?
Our next section has got you covered!
FAQs about Moz Pro
Here are the answers to some burning questions about Moz Pro:
1. Do I get Moz Local as part of Moz Pro?
No, Moz Local requires a separate subscription, and paid plans start at $14/user per month.
2. Can I add additional users to my Moz Pro plan?
Yes, you can add another user to any plan at an additional cost of $49/month.
3. How does Moz Pro compare with Ahrefs and SEMrush?
Here are a few key differences between Moz Pro and Ahrefs:
- Ahrefs has a backlink database with trillions of links, which is much larger than Moz Pro’s.
- Ahrefs lets you do keyword research for more search engines, including Youtube and Amazon.
- Moz Pro is a bit more user-friendly than Ahrefs.
- Moz Pro has on-page optimization features.
Go here for a more detailed review of Ahrefs.
Here are a few key differences between Moz Pro and SEMrush:
- SEMrush includes advanced PPC analysis features.
- SEMrush reports stats about newly-found backlinks faster than Moz Pro (three days).
- Moz Pro’s link-building features let you compare your site to five other sites, whereas SEMrush only lets you compare up to four sites.
- Moz Pro offers a keyword priority score.
Go here for a comprehensive SEMrush review.
Is Moz Pro the Best SEO Tool for You?
If you’re looking for an all-in-one SEO tool with robust rank tracking, keyword research, and backlink analysis functionalities, then Moz Pro is definitely a fantastic choice.
Additionally, Moz Pro has a 30-day free trial and some free tools that you can try out before you commit to the SEO tool.
But if you want to make sense of all the data the tool churns out or need someone to help you with your content marketing strategy, connect with an SEO expert at Startup Voyager. We can help you craft conversion-based content and drive tons of organic traffic to your site!